WHAT IS THE GRADUATION PROJECT?
The graduation project is a requirement for all full time seniors. It represents the application of the knowledge and the skills the students have gained over their years at TCHS Pickering. Students should complete 10-15 hours of work, including planning and execution of the project. The skills of organization and time management will be an integral part of this project.
WHAT ARE THE MAJOR GOALS OF THE GRADUATION PROJECT?
- Demonstrate skills mastered in Career & Technical Program
- Work and interact constructively with peers and adults including, but not limited to, instructional staff and industry representatives
- Speak fluently and effectively
- Formulate, develop and carry out an independent plan to integrate various life skills and knowledge
- Locate and interpret information with traditional and emerging electronic research technologies
WHAT ARE THE MAJOR COMPONENTS OF THE GRADUATION PROJECT?
- Create and maintain an ePortfolio containing key job related material, including a resume as well as industry certifications and college credits earned
- Tangible Product (Product or Performance)
- Student must document a minimum of 15 hours spent on product/performance
- Student must supplement the product/performance with audiovisual aids
- Formal Presentation
- Student must give a timed oral presentation of no less than 15 minutes, or no more than 30 minutes, to his CTE instructor, Occupational Advisory Committee member and/or student peers.
WHO WILL BE INVOLVED IN THE GRADUATION PROJECT?
Career and Technology Program Teachers
Special Education Teachers
Media Center Staff
For additional information please contact the Graduation Project Coordinator, Mr. Michael Stanley, MichaelS@cciu.org.