The Discover program offers students an integration of classroom and pre-vocational instruction with on-the-job training. Students with IEPs, between the ages of 16 and 21, are assessed for placement in group or individual settings within the community. Group work experience varies in length and intensity depending on student ability, past experience and student worker/employer match. Trained evaluators assess students, contact employers to identify appropriate employment opportunities, and provide or coordinate on-the-job coaching and support from the classroom teacher by integrating consumer economics, career awareness, and social responsibilities into the curriculum.
The primary goal of this program is to prepare students for success in the workplace and for independent living.
• Individual and group job coaching
• Vocational assessments
• Follow-up services and assessment
• Employment placement services
• Job development services
• Brian's House Referral FormFor more information on the Discover program, please contact Vince McVeigh at 484-237-5013.
• Handicrafters Referral Form
• Transition Services Referral Form
• Travel Training Assessment Referral Form